Students at the University of Oregon have always vaguely acknowledged Nike CEO Phil Knight’s financial presence on campus, but student passions over corporate sponsorship were reignited over the opening of the John Jacqua Center on campus. The building was funded by Phil Knight and founded primarily as an academic center for athletes. We hope to shed light on why Nike chooses to send the grand majority of their money to the UO Athletic Department rather than other departments at the UO.
A little bit about our policies regarding the management of our blog, courtesy of Kelli Matthews.
- We will tell the truth.
- We will write deliberately and with accuracy.
- We will acknowledge and correct mistakes promptly.
- We will preserve the original post, using notations to show where I have made changes so as to maintain the integrity of my publishing.
- We will never delete a post.
- We will not delete comments unless they are spam, off-topic, contain personal attacks or hate speech. All comments are moderated.
- We will reply to emails and comments when appropriate, and do so promptly.
- We will strive for high quality with every post – including basic spellchecking.
- We will stay on topic.
- We will disagree with other opinions respectfully.
- We will link to online references and original source materials directly.
- We will disclose conflicts of interest.
- We will keep private issues and topics private.